Sunday, June 14, 2009

Borneo Sucker Trip (13th June 2009) - The Journey...

Here's the full story of my Borneo Sucker Trip on the 13th June 2009...

We (me, dad and lil sis) started our journey from house at around 7.30am. It was a fine Saturday morning. It took us about 3 hours drive to our destination town. And another about 1 hour drive from the town to our designated spot for sucker collection.

First 3 hour road drive was fine (tar road all the way), but the other 1 hour drive was rather rough and bumpy (gravel and red earth).

At around 11.30am we finally reach our destination. It's rather secluded deep in the jungle. And there's a national park which I think is quite new, setup for the purpose to prevent illegal logging and preserve the forest flora and fauna. Well I guess maybe it's new, cause I didn't saw any lodge where you can put up a night. However, there are camp site for campers. It's such a beautiful place, the river is damn crystal clear, and best of all you can find natural made jacuzzi in some part of the river, YES natural made jacuzzi where the flow of the water gives your body that nice massage and we actually plan to go back and camp here. The forest is untouched, accept for the road construction which connects local villagers to the town.

Arrgh! If only I have take some pictures......I made a mistake for not taking some pics of the place. I was actually saving my camera memory and battery for photos and video of Borneo Sucker in the wild, but turn out it was wasted after all, I didn't manage to photograph or video any wild suckers.....sad.

By the way, the national park is located across the river and here's one interesting photo that I manage to capture which I think could explain...


See that 4x4 crossing the river? We are actually waiting in queue to cross

Hah! This is good experience...and not many people have experienced this :) This is real river crossing and not any man made path. Real Fun!

To be continued...find out more in the next post....

Follow this blog today