Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Glossostigma elatinoides grows pretty fast...

Ever since I started to plant Glossostigma elatinoides about two weeks ago, I'm quite curious to see their growth.

After planting and observing this plants, they do grow pretty fast after they start rooting. Here are some pics of Glossostigma elatinoidess growing...what I'm trying to do here, is to follow the growth of this plantlets, especially the runners. I will take pic of the plantlets everyday to show their growth.

So I will consider this as Day 1 of this small experiment starting on the 8th July 2009.


Look at where the arrow is pointing...see the tiny bud?


Here's another tiny bud of runner growing...


the 3rd plantlet bud I'm watching...

If you may ask, the substrate material is the same as the ones I used in my Glossostigma elatinoides and Dwarf Hairgrass tank setup. The only difference is that I'm planting the plants submerges in plastic rectangular basins, and some of the basins used sea sand as the top layer. In fact the plants in picture 1 and 3 are growing using sea sand.

So lets wait till tomorrow to see how much does the runners grows....

Stay tune

Follow this blog today